Terre des hommes Mission in Kosovo is a non-profit making organization that has been operating for over 20 years in the field of child rights and child protection, leading the establishment and strengthening of a national child protection system in Kosovo.
Terre des hommes Kosovo areas of expertise range from direct psycho-social interventions with vulnerable children and their family and community members, to empowerment of local, regional and national level governmental institutions and key stakeholders through capacity-building and on-the-job training in order to develop and implement proper child-sensitive structures, policies, standards and procedures.
Terre des hommes Kosovo has three main programs of interventions: 1) Child Protection 2) Migration and Anti-Trafficking and 3) Juvenile Justice.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Through our health, protection and emergency relief programmes, we provide assistance to over four million children and their families in around 40 countries each year.
We aspire to a world in which the rights of children, as defined in the Convention on the Rights of the Child, are always respected. A world in which children can thrive in safe environments and become the agents of change they wish to see in their lives.
Terre des hommes, founded in 1960, is an independent, neutral and impartial Swiss organisation committed to bringing meaningful and lasting change to the lives of children and youth, especially to those most exposed to risks. We strive to improve their well-being and ensure the effective application of their rights as defined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child and other relevant human rights instruments. To make a difference, we focus on the areas of maternal and child health, children and youth migration, and access to justice. We aim to empower children and youth through active participation. We advocate for the respect of children’s rights, supporting them in voicing their needs and interests. We work in fragile and conflict-affected settings, as well as in stable environments.
- We act in the best interests of the child, based on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and other relevant human rights instruments;
- We promote and enhance child, youth, family and community participation and empowerment;
- We foster local partners’ ownership of projects and actions, reinforce local systems to support and enable various national and local stakeholders to provide expertise and best practices;
- We trust and build on the capacities of stakeholders and communities as primary responders and agents of change;
- We implement humanitarian, development and peacebuilding activities;
- We integrate constant learning, improvement, collaboration and knowledge sharing;
- We strive for innovation and sustainability in all our actions and programmes;
- We are accountable and transparent to beneficiaries, partners, donors and to ourselves;
- We partner with other organisations to advocate for the respect of children’s rights.
- We promote and enhance participation and empowerment.
- We create the space for active participation and embrace inputs from others.
- We are sensitive about others’ needs to have an influence.
- We share and delegate power and responsibilities.
- We trust the capacities of our key actors as primary responders and agents of change. We build on their strengths and on their needs.
- We champion co-creation and value complementarity.
- We appreciate other points of view and seek collectively for pragmatic and innovative solutions.
- We manifest humility, respect, fairness and see others as equal partners.
- We promote a culture of innovation.
- We value curiosity, welcome new initiatives, and foster creativity.
- We embrace voluntary learning and are ready for trial and error.
- We foster knowledge sharing, learning and strive for sustainability.
- We celebrate diversity and inclusion of people.
- We genuinely commit to diversity and inclusion and see it as a wealth in all our activities.
- We understand the cultural contexts and value differences.
- We are truly committed to an equal treatment.
- We thrive to offer our best, we think ahead, and are ready and willing to go the extra mile for the well-being of children.
- We provide quality programming and support. We are accountable and transparent. We use power responsibly.
- We position ourselves through our expertise and savoir-faire.
- We advocate for the rights of children whenever possible and seek actively opportunities to do so.